View Single Post
Old June 20 2013, 02:21 PM   #238
Mr Awe
Rear Admiral

Re: Wiped Episode Discoveries

Allyn Gibson wrote: View Post
Philip Morris of TIEA has commented on Facebook:

A BRIEF STATEMENT .
T.I.E.A DOES NOT HOLD ANY MISSING EPISODES OF THE LONG RUNNING DR WHO SERIES. THE ORIGINAL VIDEO TAPES WERE WIPED SUBSEQUENT FILM COPIES WERE EITHER RETURNED TO THE BBC AND SENT TO LANDFILL ODD FRAGMENTS HAVE SURFACED TWO EPISODES ON 16MM FILM BUT THATS IT. THE PROGRAMMES IN QUESTION LIKE MANY OTHERS WERE DESTROYED AS THEY HAD NO FURTHER COMMERCIAL VALUE .THEY ARE NOT MISSING BUT DESTROYED THE END.I am sorry if this upsets some people but these are the facts.I have also become aware of the tracking of some of our clients shipments these are local cultural materials sent to us for migration to a modern format as the playback equipment in the country of origin no longer exists and as such is the best road to preserve international cultural heritage .I will be making no more statements on this subject.Philip MORRIS Executive director T.i.e.a
Gallifrey Base is parsing this for wiggle-room, but it seems pretty definitive to me.

Alas.
Dang, that's pretty definitive! Drat! Despite my best efforts not to, I ended up getting my hopes up.

Mr Awe
Mr Awe is offline   Reply With Quote