View Single Post
Old June 20 2013, 02:13 AM   #225
The Wormhole
Admiral

Re: Wiped Episode Discoveries

Mr Awe wrote: View Post
I don't know if it's just me, but I'm actually more excited by the possibility of this recovery than the actual anniversary episode! And, I'm plenty excited about that too!

Re: Wormhole "resorting to double-dip special editions", I'm sure that's something they love to do, not something they avoid. It's extra revenue for them.

Mr Awe
My point is, it doesn't take a marketing genius to realize there's more demand for a new DVD release than there is for something already released, especially where you're talking about a release no one in fandom has seen since the 1960s if ever. Therefore, it makes more sense to portion those releases out as long as you can rather than release them all in one month. After all, the line is healthier with more new material over the horizon waiting for a release than it is with just special editions.

I'm not trying to slam the special editions, I've been buying quite a few myself or stories I don't already own and therefore understand their place in the order of things.