View Single Post
Old June 20 2013, 12:01 AM   #68
Sector 7
Rear Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Sector 7
Re: Have You Ever Changed Your Mind...

Mr. Laser Beam wrote: View Post
I used to be in favor of the death penalty, but now I'm against it.
Same for me, MLB. There are too many cases of DNA proving the innocence of people on death row for me to support the death penalty. An imprisoned person can be released upon proof of innocence; a death cannot be undone.
jayceee wrote: View Post
teacake wrote: View Post
I still troll them if it's Amway.
With MLM types many years ago, the first thing I would say is to send me a copy of their federal tax returns from the previous five years. Everyone one of them said no. (Obviously). In response I said I wasn't interested at all.

Today, I just tell them that I am not interested at all from the very start. I also immediately say right away that this will never be a topic of discussion again with me. (So far, they have not ever asked me again).
One of my half-brothers tried to get me into Amway over 20 years ago. He hasn't spoken to me since... even though he lost his job, house, etc.
Mr. Laser Beam wrote: View Post
My relationship with Christ is one thing I will NOT change. Except to make it better.
Amen to that!
I have grown from a religious, conservative zealot to having a personal relationship with my Creator. I have also become more progressive in my views with age. I see the uncaring side of organized religion, but instead of turning away from God, I developed a more personal relationship based upon my faith instead of religious dogma.

My biggest change came when I, finally, learned to stop hating myself for being gay. I am still not out to family and business associates... this is due to their bigoted attitude rather than my own beliefs. Online I can be myself and often am more free to discuss the issue.