View Single Post
Old June 19 2013, 02:30 AM   #138
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to Emh Send a message via AIM to Emh Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emh Send a message via Yahoo to Emh
Re: Rumors of a Special Surprise for the Anniversary

Sindatur wrote: View Post
Mr Awe wrote: View Post
Christopher wrote: View Post

Right. I disbelieve rumors as a rule, but I really, really wished this could be true somehow and I feel disappointed to hear that it's probably untrue, even though that's what I assumed all along.
This describes me exactly. Although now with Ian Levine and his 3 tons of evidence statement, who knows! Holy cow this has been a wild ride.

It's still hard to believe . . . yet disappointing if not true.

Mr Awe
Now see, the Rumor reporting was clearly labeled "Rumor". Levine has now pasted "I have evidence" on top of the original Rumor. Now that is worthy of backlash if not true (at least he must have some proof that would give him this confidence, if it turns out the rumor is not true)
Worthy of backlash, yes, but remember Ian Levine is just a fan with a Twitter account. He's not a reporter, not even a paid blogger. Just a guy with a keyboard and internet connection.

Not saying that makes it alright, just saying he's in a different position from Rich Johnson.

Sindatur wrote: View Post
Mr Awe wrote: View Post
Allyn Gibson wrote: View Post

Look at this one: "Right now I'm holding on to the proof + not leaking it publicly. But I assure you I have proof of 3 tons of film cans arriving"

He may have shipping manifests, inventory logs, that sort of thing, that shows that the BBC took possession of 3 tons of film cannisters in 2011. In short, documentation that the cannisters physically exist. No, that doesn't tell him what's in them, unless he's been given other details.
The fact that they supposedly arrived in 2011 really makes me question this. No way it takes the BBC that long to catalog what they received. No way.

Mr Awe
Must they have taken them into possesion at the beginning of the Rumor? (Did the Tweet specifically say the 3 tons arrived at BBC possession in 2011?)
All he says is the "3 tons proof is from 2011." Who knows if that's when the proof first showed up or when the 8,000 cans were actually retrieved. Either way, that's a lot of films to go through, and depending on the quality, one would have to be very careful with each of them. I can see that being a very time consuming process.

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
Emh is offline   Reply With Quote