View Single Post
Old June 19 2013, 02:17 AM   #15
Sran
Commodore

Re: (BIG) If the Tal Shiar/OO attack on the Founders

R. Star wrote: View Post
No, sir. I believe you are. It simply demonstrates behavior in regards to their super drug to control their slave warrior race. Yes we're discussing an alternate scenario, but that doesn't mean behavior patterns in regards to control of that substance aren't relevant information. If they're willing to trust the Son'a with something that important, I imagine they'd trust the Vorta or someone else with it in the Gamma Quadrant.
That's prescisely my point. You can't assume that a given pattern of behavior will apply under completely different circumstances. Consider what we know about the Founders. They don't trust solids, any solids. Why would they willingly turn over control of drug production to the Vorta?

Yes, they were willing to allow the Son'a to assist them in the Alpha Quadrant, but they had no other means of manufacturing the drug after being cut off from the wormhole. Those circumstances were highly unusual.

Recall that Weyoun hounded Dukat endelessly at the beginning of the war becasue he was concerned about the supply of drug available for the Jem'Hadar. Clearly, they hadn't found another means of making the drug. The Son'a were a last resort, not a luxury.

--Sran