View Single Post
Old June 19 2013, 01:12 AM   #122
Allyn Gibson
Vice Admiral

View Allyn Gibson's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Allyn Gibson Send a message via Yahoo to Allyn Gibson
Re: Rumors of a Special Surprise for the Anniversary

Emh wrote: View Post
I, too, am getting excited. For all of his eccentricities, I've never considered Ian a liar, so I really want to believe him here. I'm not sure what to make of the "I was lied to, yes barefaced lied to" bit. If he was lied to before, who is telling him/showing him evidence now?
At a guess, the people who "barefaced lied to" him would be the BBC movers and shakers, people like Dan Hall (whom he cited over the weekend), who told him that there wasn't any fire, let alone any smoke. Levine raised a good argument -- why would Hall spend money to animate "The Reign of Terror" and "The Tenth Planet" if the episodes were either back in the BBC's possession or soon to be?

I don't know what the evidence is that Levine is seeing, but it's probably the same evidence that someone passed to Rich Johnston that had him convinced -- until he got shot down from multiple corners.

If what Ian's reporting is correct, there's three tons of film cannisters that need to be gone through, sorted, catalogued, etc. If the BBC found this in late 2011, which is when the rumors about this find started, maybe they weren't deliberately withholding this for the anniversary, maybe it's just going to take them that long to sort out the legalities and wrap their heads around everything they now have.

allyngibson.net
Allyn Gibson is offline   Reply With Quote