View Single Post
Old June 18 2013, 11:25 PM   #1046
BirdInJetstream
Lieutenant Commander

Re: How is Janeway sexy? (Part II)

TrekkingThru wrote: View Post
I have noticed for a while that some of the most heart-stopping shots of Janeway are when she "finds the light" as they call it. I'm sure her theater training helped, but she has a natural instinct for finding the lighting in a shot and using it to full advantage to highlight her strong features.

The most notable episodes that come to mind are "Resolutions" when she is gives her speech to the crew in the beginning, and again during the massage scene. Also, forgive me for forgetting the name, but the episode directed by Robert Duncan McNeill when Janeway has to save Kes by going through the ritual. When she makes it to the "end" during her first attempt, the shot as she leans her back in the lens flare.

There are many more examples of her using the set lighting to its full advantage, but those are some of my favorites. Some of the scenes are in the video "The Softer Side of Janeway." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yElLgQjyIIs

You are right. Now that it is pointed out for me, I can see it, too. I guess I was always aware of it on a subconscious level. After all these are clearly the shots that remain in my memory. Now I know the reason. Thanks!

I even had one of these as my avatar in the beginning...