View Single Post
Old June 18 2013, 09:57 PM   #65
Idran
Commander

Re: I thought they said the JJ-comics were canon?

Oh, I'm not saying it doesn't happen any more, it certainly does. I just think that, from what I've seen at least, it happens less now than it once used to. Though granted I'm still looking from the fan side of things rather than the production side.

Just to keep the theme with my last post, though, and out of my own curiosity, I would ask; have you ever similarly gotten any people saying that your works are canon to them? (Outside this thread, at least, since I've already said as much myself. :P ) That is, that they consider it as real as the original source material, or something along those lines? And even if not, how would you take that, if I can ask?

And I know you meant it lightheartedly, but honestly that is an interesting observation too. I wonder if it's perhaps because mainstream shows like that don't precisely have a fandom in the same sense? It's less subculture and more just culture? Although BBT is the most popular show on TV right now and it still has something of a fandom alongside (if a good deal out of proportion to its size as compared to other works).
Idran is offline   Reply With Quote