View Single Post
Old June 18 2013, 09:36 PM   #57
Emher
Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher
Re: Have You Ever Changed Your Mind...

J., since you brought up your switch from christanity to atheism, I do have that say that even when you where christian and was very open about that, you never ever pushed it on people. I always respected that about you, and part of why I grew to like you.

Now, as for my own self. I used to be hardcore romantic, believing in there being such a thing as "the one", et al. These days I'm more realistic. Oh sure, I like romance and doing something romantic for the objects of my affections (so to say, I don't really objectify people) is not a foreign concept. But I think now that love is able to come in many forms and that surely there can't be just one person out there out of billions to be just for me? One hell of search in that case.

On the case of of homosexuality, I found it "icky" for the longest time. pretty much all the way up to high school when I realized that I developed a crush for a guy and well....I understood that the feelings aren't much different, so why should a personal who is homosexual be much different from someone straight. That and he was really cute. Now I'm pretty securely bisexual, if with a heavy intonation towards women.

I think in general in my past I saw things in much more black and white. Right and wrong. These days I try to see the other argument to a matter. I don't always succeed, especially when my temper gets the better of me. But I try not to judge anyone outright.