View Single Post
Old June 18 2013, 09:25 PM   #444
flavaflav
Commander

Re: MAN OF STEEL - Grading & Discussion

B+

Very good movie. Not too much I can complain about. The complete destruction of Metropolis was a bit much, but I guess that's gonna happen when you have two Kryptonians going at it. Not really a complaint, but I was very surprised by Supes breaking Zod's neck. I was very disappointed Clark would kill, but he was really backed into a corner, in the context of the story, and had no choice. So I can live with it. I can't place my finger on it, but there was a little something missing. Maybe it dragged a bit during the end battle? I'll have to think about it more. And that's it on the complaints, if you can even call them that.

Anyway, imo, this is easily the best Superman movie ever made and completely craps all over the god awful Donner version and Returns. The guy who played Supes was perfect. How he played Clark was very well done. The fight scenes were sick. No slow-mo!!!! Woo hoo!!! Loved how fast all the Kryptonians were. It was like fight scenes from the animated series, and that is how a Superman movie should be. Lois was a worthwhile character, and much better than I thought she'd be. Zod was badass. I mentioned the destruction of Metropolis and death of Zod as slight nitpicks, but I think those two things will make the sequel even better in regard to Lex Luthor's inevitable grudge against Supes. I really liked all the little twists they did with the backstory, and thought they made the whole movie better.

As I said before, best Superman movie ever by far. Can't wait for the sequel and see how they use Lex. I'm thinking he'll be very close to the animated version that i'm familiar with. I really hope they do some set up for Brainiac too.
flavaflav is offline   Reply With Quote