View Single Post
Old June 18 2013, 02:36 PM   #29
Sran
Fleet Captain

Re: Federation vs The Dominiom: The Rematch.

AllStarEntprise wrote: View Post
But alas my friends. Recall that Romulus no longer exists. While the Romulan Star Empire has potentially hundreds of conquered worlds and potential colonies where Romulans might still exist. I doubt they will seriously involve themselves in conflict of that magnitude with their races being nearly extinct.
The Romulans have a vast interstellar government. Romulus' destruction wouldn't mean the end of their civilization anymore than Earth's demise would mean the end of the Federation. It would be a setback, but nothing more.

AllStarEntprise wrote:
If we decide to ignore JJTrek's meddling with the Prime timeline. We have to look at the dreadnought class Scimitar ships. With their extreme armaments, perfect cloak that can be activated while disruptors and torpedoes are fires, enhanced shields, and the planet encompassing thalaron weapon. If the Romulans were involved in another Dominion War the Federation would be hard pressed to prevent them from using that bio weapon. Hell a fleet of Scimitar class ships would be enough to cut Jem'Hadar and Cardassian ranks to pieces.
What are you talking about? The thalaron generator was a device used solely by Shinzon and his co-conspirators during Nemesis. Why would Romulans utilize a similar device knowing that it would jeopardize any alliance with the Federation?

AllStarEntprise wrote:
With Starfleet we had to remember that they are not a military per se. The Klingon and Romulan fleets are militaries. Romulan's making advances in military might is to be expected. While Klingons are routinely shown to be apemen with rockstar hair.
Webster's Dictionary defines military as "of or relating to soldiers or supported by armed force." Starfleet absolutely is a military organization, in spite of what Gene Roddenberry wanted everyone to believe. I don't know what to make of your comment about the Klingons other than that it seems highly inappropriate.

AllStarEntprise wrote:
Military ingenuity seems to have left them after TUC. Since the Klingons were the first to develop a ship that can fire while cloaked. The Federation has developed phasing cloaking technology but it was in violation of a treaty with the Rommies. However the tactical advantages of a phasing cloak can't be ignored in an all out war.
The Klingon vessel seen in TUC was an illegal prototype developed by rogue elements within the Klingon government. Why would Martok risk the ire of the Federation by employing such a device a second time? The phasing cloak was also developed illegally and would not be permitted in any armed conflict with the Dominion. Why are you suggesting that the Federation and its allies rely on technology that their own rules and regulations explicitly prohibit? Did I not tell you just yesterday that the ends don't justify the means?

--Sran