View Single Post
Old June 18 2013, 11:10 AM   #380
Bob The Skutter
Complete Arse Cleft

View Bob The Skutter's Twitter Profile
Re: MAN OF STEEL - Grading & Discussion

cultcross wrote: View Post
Just saw this last night. I'd dearly love that time back in my life so I could do something more productive with it. What an absolutely awful movie. No plot to speak of other than fighting, wooden acting, sexist to a severe degree, and mostly concerned with smashing up buildings. Cinematography was heavily derivative of much better productions, and half the movie seemed to be watching Kryptonian technology open and shut. Utterly mindless and with the depth of a mirage, with no fun to take the place of sense.

D-
Thank god, I was beginning to think I'd seen a different film to everyone else in this thread.

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
Hey, that's a big step up form the punch in the balls the last Superman movie was.
I would happily see Superman Returns rather than this.

Oh and apparently...

From IGN

The WTC estimates that in the days after the attack, 129,000 people would be confirmed killed, nearly a million would be injured, and over a quarter of a million would still be missing. The impact “seemed to be similar to an air burst from a 20kt nuclear explosion in terms of shock effects, but without the radiation or thermal effects.”
Additionally, some $700 billion in physical damage would be done to the city. Cleanup, economic impact, and other costs would eventually bring that number into the trillions of dollars. (To give that number some real-world context, one of the worst events in U.S. history -- the 9/11 attacks -- cost $55 billion.)