View Single Post
Old June 17 2013, 11:27 PM   #50
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral

View Mr. Laser Beam's Twitter Profile
Re: Which species from Trek do you most identify with?

Sran wrote: View Post
yousirname wrote: View Post
Primarily Vulcans, for a variety of reasons both good and bad. I (like to think I'm) fairly logical and dispassionate when reasoning (good), but I'm also (mildly) deficient socially - I don't often initiate social interactions and occasionally miss social cues, though less than I used to.
I don't know that I'd call Vulcans socially deficient. They simply manifest social graces differently than most. Only human arrogance would suggest that a behavior different from their own is somehow less socially acceptable.

--Sran
Vulcan has its own kind of social etiquette. I wouldn't call Vulcans deficient in that area - they can clearly even interact with Humans quite well. They wouldn't call Humans socially deficient, so the reverse is definitely not true.

That being said, one specific Vulcan - Captain Solok from DS9 - WAS definitely deficient in that area. He was, in fact, deficient in the area of "not being an egotistical jackass".
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
Mr. Laser Beam is offline   Reply With Quote