View Single Post
Old June 17 2013, 09:10 PM   #79
BorgusFrat
Lieutenant

Re: Engineering's curved hallways

Not to pick a nit, and I agree that I think Jeffries knew what he was doing but just had to do it on a schedule that's not really understandable to us and would seem unbearable today (tons of post production sound work necessary, flimsy sets, ridiculous limited budget because of Lucy and Desi, everything including video editing being analog or "longhand" back in the day, and only 6 days to do it all!). So when you think about it, isn't this ...

Robert Comsol wrote: View Post
" ... then designing the Enterprise’s interiors is up for grabs for everybody and a playground for a multitude of different interpretations."
... one of the most neat and interesting aspects of all of this?!?!

In other words, the Enterprise was fleshed out really well considering the time schedules they all worked under, but still to this day there's not really any ONE answer to exactly how its laid out, so IMHO it's really cool that everyone can participate in having their own interpretation of it. I can't stand Dr. Who but in some ways you could say the Enterprise is like a TARDIS- - you can never be sure how big it is or where everything really goes. The confusion about where everything 'fits" actually contributes to including more fans and more ideas and more creativity and on and on and on ...

It's like a benevalent screw-up that gives us more stuff to talk about for almost 50 years now!!!

Mario de Monti wrote: View Post
Interesting idea. But I think youŽd have a very hard time making sense of the rows of windows in the secondary hull, which are clearly arranged horizontally.
Hi Mario. Again, welcome to the BBS. Your ideas are sensible. I said basically the same thing in the "Franz Joseph Blueprints Revisited" thread! It doesn't make sense ... UNLESS you say, ironically like Franz sort of did, that all those lights aren't really 'windows' at all, but environmental system reactors (or whatever he called them --I forget exactly at the moment). That way NONE of the "windows' have to mean ANYTHING to the layout of the ship!

Cool beans.