View Single Post
Old June 17 2013, 08:39 AM   #9
Santa Claus
Believe

Send a message via ICQ to Santa Claus Send a message via AIM to Santa Claus Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Santa Claus Send a message via Yahoo to Santa Claus
Re: Have You Ever Changed Your Mind...

Pthalo BlueMoon wrote: View Post
Never mind--I really should learn to read.

J. Allen--what is pansexual? And thank you for sharing your story.
Thank you.
Pansexual is a bit of a wibbly wobbly word. It depends upon how you approach it. It's essentially another way of saying "bisexual," though depending upon whom you ask, there are some differences.

The official definition of pansexual (according to Merriam-Webster) is, "exhibiting or implying many forms of sexual expression."

Which is rather vague. In essence, it means that I can be attracted to any gender identity, or biological sex. The reason this works fairly well as bisexuality, is because between male and female, bisexuals can be attracted to both. There are, however, increasingly complex definitions of gender, and biological sex. This is why pansexuality/omnisexuality is gaining a foothold.

For me, the pansexuality/omnisexuality works because I am attracted to whatever I'm attracted. I don't consider gender to play any kind of role in that attraction. If it is anything, it is a footnote, an aside, and isn't at all important. Masculine, feminine, androgynous; male, female, intersexed; doesn't matter.

Hell, the image in my avatar is that of a young man named Frank Wolf. He is very androgynous, and can appear masculine or femine, depending upon how he decides to look for that day, and I find him wildly attractive (cute kitty costume aside, which is also adorable). I mention this for two reasons: First, to give you an idea of what I mean, and second, to forestall any more questions by which the questioner is embarrassed for having asked me who the cute girl is in the picture.

So when I tell someone I like them for their personality, or I find intelligence incredibly attractive, I'm not bullshitting.
❄ A Joyful Holiday Season to You All! ❄

Santa Claus is offline   Reply With Quote