View Single Post
Old June 17 2013, 05:18 AM   #47
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile
Re: Why a reboot was necessary (IMHO)

mos6507 wrote: View Post
It's phoney emotionalism. The only reason it works is because people play back the scene from Khan in their heads. It doesn't stand on its own, nor does it suit a story of two glorified cadets who have barely really gotten to bond.

They play it over and over again until they will-themselves into liking it.

If something is good, it's gonna seem good the very first time around.
Please don't try to tell me what's going on in my head when I watch a movie. It's incredibly fucking rude. Though I doubt you really care whether you come off as rude or not.

You know why I like any given movie? Because they're enjoyable to watch. I disliked This is 40 because I didn't have fun watching it. I like Star Trek Into Darkness because I had fun watching it. Nothing more, nothing less. For some reason you seem incapable of recognizing that people want to have fun when they go to the movies.

I can respect that you dislike Star Trek Into Darkness but I'm honestly tired of you looking down your nose at people who do.

You can't seem to let go of the fact that people don't respect your genius by liking the same things you do. Get over it, people are unique creatures and different things stimulate us in both positive and negative ways.