View Single Post
Old June 17 2013, 04:25 AM   #41
Quantum_Penguin
Lieutenant

Re: Why a reboot was necessary (IMHO)

M'Sharak wrote: View Post
Quantum_Penguin wrote: View Post
I'd just like everyone who loves nuTrek to stop telling me how fresh everything is.
If you can provide a detailed list of all posts in which people have told you directly that everything in nuTrek is fresh, I'll ask them if they wouldn't mind terribly not telling you that anymore. If they're only stating an opinion generally, however, there's not a great deal I'll be able to do for you.
Do I really have to substantiate this in the Trek XI forum?

I don't literally mean everybody thinks everything is fresh and original in NuTrek. I was using hyperbole to express frustration with an opinion I don't agree with. And I fully acknowledge that it is my opinion and mine alone.

Furthermore, I don't only talk about Star Trek only on TrekBBS. "Fresh" or some variant such as "new" or "ground-breaking" are the terms I frequently hear applied to nuTrek in conversations with people in real life. And no, I don't keep a list of conversations where people have expressed a particular opinion to me, nor would I expect anyone else to.

M'Sharak wrote: View Post
Quantum_Penguin wrote: View Post
...but don't tell me the Prime universe was devoid of new stories or that what Abrams has done represents necessary change.
Pretty much the same applies here. 'Cause people stating opinions about stuff is something which tends to happen here a lot.
And my opinion is that those opinions are unfounded.
Quantum_Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote