View Single Post
Old June 17 2013, 02:14 AM   #63
Sran
Fleet Captain

Re: Would Spock Prime think Kirk and a young Kirk Prime look identical

Christopher wrote: View Post
That's a plot hole with something like 90% of TOS. Really, the captain shouldn't be going on landing parties at all -- that's not his or her job.
Of course, the main character goes wherever the plot demands he or she go. It wouldn't make sense from a storytelling standpoint to leave the captain on the ship while his crew sees all the action.

C.E. Evans wrote:
Depending on what you think his uniform was in Star Trek II, Chekov may have been the exec and chief sciences officer on the Reliant.
The Reliant senior science officer was "Stoney" Beach, AFAIK.

Christopher wrote: View Post
I used Terrell and Chekov in one chapter of my e-novella Mere Anarchy: The Darkness Drops Again (it was a lot of fun writing dialogue meant to sound like Paul Winfield was delivering it), and I had Chekov reflect on how Terrell reminded him of Kirk because they both disliked staying behind while their crews went into peril or made new discoveries, and thus both tended to lead landing parties themselves.
I've always thought Terrell was an underrated character who could've had a much larger role in the general TOS scheme. I was happy he appeared in the MU novel Sorrows of Empire and a comic book short-story about the Gorn. Paul Winfield has a special place in my heart because he played Lt. Traxler in The Terminator and was the only person who believed Sarah and Kyle's claims.

--Sran