View Single Post
Old June 16 2013, 06:56 PM   #14
Christopher
Writer

Re: ENT: A Choice of Futures by C. L. Bennett Review Thread (Spoilers!

Charles Phipps wrote: View Post
Also, I'm okay with the Pre-TOS period being filled with incidents we've never heard about it. Just because the characters don't mention it doesn't mean something hasn't happened.
True. How often does, say, the Spanish-American War or the Teapot Dome scandal come up in everyday conversation between 21st-century Americans?

One thing I'd like to see in the future is some more interactions with abandoned plot races. Xindi, Tandarans (who appear to be a Federation-level species), and Suliban.
One of those races will be seen in ACOF.

Personally, I'd love for some humans to not entirely be happy with an unprovoked mass murder of its citizens.
If you're referring to the Xindi attack, ENT showed us examples of human xenophobia increasing in its wake, in "Home" and especially in "Demons"/"Terra Prime." So that's already been addressed in canon. As for "unprovoked," of course the Xindi were tricked into the attack by the Sphere-Builders, so in that sense they were provoked, or rather, used.

Keep in mind, though, that due to the duration of the Romulan War, ACOF picks up a good seven years after the end of the TV series, eight after the resolution of the Xindi crisis. And the years-long struggle against the Romulans would've kind of pushed feelings about the Xindi into the background, especially since Xindi territory is so far away that further interaction in the near future is unlikely to be frequent.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is online now   Reply With Quote