View Single Post
Old June 15 2013, 04:49 PM   #24
Yeoman Basha
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Re: Would Spock Prime think Kirk and a young Kirk Prime look identical

Therin of Andor wrote: View Post
Yeoman Basha wrote: View Post
What are they going to do, put blue contacts on Shatner? I can't imagine the studio would want to put hazel contacts on Pine.
Actually, my blue eyes are more hazel these days. They've been slowly changing.

And maybe Retinax 5 allergy can affect eye colour?
Hmm. Well, at the age of 50 my blue eyes are still blue. But everybody's different.

I'm sure the writers could come up with some gobbledegook explanation for why Jim Kirk's eye color changed and why his height shrunk by three inches. But to me, it would feel forced. It's all make-believe but I want to be able to suspend my disbelief while I'm watching the film. I can do that as long as Pine and Shatner don't appear in scenes together.

And I also agree about Patrick Stewart and Tom Hardy, which was one of my problems with that film. It's like they got an actor who was about the same height and build as Patrick, then shaved his head and figured: Hey, they're practically twins! Forget the fact that the two men's faces were completely different and their voices sounded completely different too.

We all have our little pet peeves and things that take us out of the story. This is one of mine.
Yeoman Basha is offline   Reply With Quote