Old June 15 2013, 06:10 AM   #2152
DaveyNY
Commodore

Send a message via AIM to DaveyNY Send a message via Yahoo to DaveyNY
Re: STID "tracking" for $85-90 million opening [U.S. box office]

AllStarEntprise wrote: View Post
daveyNY wrote: View Post
The Keeper wrote: View Post
That MoS had a rotten rating even before it freaking released worries me greatly... but, dammit, it's Superman so I have to obey the call despite my reservations.

One question about it here, how's the theme/soundtrack sound - are they anything at all like the Classics?
Disappointing...

I kept waiting (and hoping) to hear little strains of John Williams' Superman theme mixed in, but to no avail.

I far as I could tell there is really no Fan-fare theme in this movie at all.

I'd be hard-pressed to be able to tell someone that I could remember the music, there's nothing really that stands out in my mind.
(and I love music of all kinds dearly)

Again, it's probably attune to the fact that todays younger audiences seem to feel more akin to all things macabre and solemn than I do.

It'll probably be a huge hit with folks under twentyfive.

You may want to read this.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/3404982/

Zimmer purposefully left out the trumpet fanfare. Its a hard reboot like Batman Begins was for Batman. You look at Superman Returns which was a homage to the classic films of the 70's and 80's Superman. And where is it now? A mediocre success that never got a sequel. With the director and writers (the same writer, director, producers of X-Men 1 and 2) all distancing themselves as far back as 2008 from any potential sequel. With Bryan Singer himself admitting the flaws of his movie and regrets.
I've always prefaced my thoughts on this, with the fact that I am an "Old School" comic fan...

I understand completely that this movie wasn't made for folks like me.
I was just hoping that they would have been able to balance it out a bit more without having to completely cut out what I've come to know as the Superman 'mythos', for all these years.

I just don't think it's going to sit well with the general movie-going public.
It's too desolate and grim in my opinion.
As I've said before, SUPERMAN was created to up-lift ones spirit, not show that he can be just as cold-hearted and dismal as the rest of us humans.
I left the theater feeling a bit sad, not up-lifted and I think that's going to cost them long-term, at the box-office.
This is not a movie I would want to see over and over.
<shrug>
I must go out in2 space again for the call of adventure cries. With a steady hand & robust crew I'll take her forth with pride. I must go out in2 space again to a vagabond Captains life. Where comets play & galaxies sway like whirlwinds in the night.

Last edited by DaveyNY; June 15 2013 at 08:15 AM.
DaveyNY is offline   Reply With Quote