View Single Post
Old June 15 2013, 01:59 AM   #430
sttngfan1701d
Commodore

Re: 7X13 The Name Of The Doctor(Grading/Discussion)(SPOILERS!)

Saw the episode in full again today. My gosh the whole ending bit was rushed and a bit sloppy really (meaning final 10-ish minutes). And if the Great Intelligence corrupted the Doctor's entire timestream (he says "it's done.") how was the Doctor still alive? The whole wibbly wobbly wispy thread stuff was red from the "corruption", yet Doc was still lying there. Shouldn't he have disappeared from existence like Strax and Jenny?

I think that if they had made it 60 minutes and more directly addressed Clara's actual sacrifice and WHAT she did at the end, it would've been more epic. Also, at the very end when she's alone in the Doctor's past lives and then he speaks to her and sends her the leaf, not only was the writing choppy, but it didn't feel like there was any RISK for her. Remember in the Center of the TARDIS episode and they took a leap of faith off that cliff? When Doc says "You have to trust me, one more step!" she's just kind of stumbling toward him into an embrace. It would've been more impactful if she truly did not know what she was doing, and just heard a disembodied voice and had to walk into an abyss or something, just to end up in his arms. She would've REALLY had to trust him and let him REALLY save her.

Seems like Moffat ran out of time and rushed it.
sttngfan1701d is offline   Reply With Quote