View Single Post
Old June 14 2013, 11:39 PM   #48
Green Lantern
Fleet Captain

Re: Wiped Episode Discoveries

I don't think a whole stash have been discovered. Maybe about three or so.

Still, if this is true, here's what I want discovered:

*The Celestial Toymaker: I saw the surviving forth part on the "lost in time" surviving episodes box sets and loved the hell out of it. I think If I saw the whole thing, it might become not only a favourite 60s Dr. Who, but an all time favourite. Not many Hartnel serials I've liked much anyway.

*The Tenth Planet: Because it is the first regeneration and first appearance of the cybermen. Is the all time lost episode!

*The Moonbase: Yet again, I saw the surviving episodes on the "lost in time box set (I think it was 2 & 4), and I loved it. I think If I saw it in whole, I might possibly prefer it to Tomb of the Cybermen. I just love sixties cybermen!

*The Wheel In Space: Because it's Troughton Cybermen! Plus the design in this serial is a personal favourite for some reason. I think I saw episodes 2 & 6 (yes yet again on the "lost in time" boxset), not as good as Moonbase or Tomb, but still fun. Mind you, it's a six parter and they usually drag on too long for my liking, plus four whole episodes need to be found).

*The Ice Warriors: I think the whole serial of this one is missing, I'm not sure, I never saw it on the Lost in Time boxset. But that'd pretty much complete the Ice Warrior collection right? Would be nice to see the original concept of Ice Warriors!

*The Two Yeti ones: I think both serials are missing, One's called the abonerable snowman and the other's web of fear I believe. A surprisingly underused monster/s who are actually quite well known. Plus with the new series and the Great Intelligences return, it'd be nice to also have the return o the Yeti to go with it.

*The Underwater Menace: I don't think any episodes survive of it, but I think I saw some clips of it on the "Lost in Time" box set. From what I saw, it looked fantastic, I want to see it!

*Evil of the Daleks: Troughton's first serial: yes please! Plus Daleks! No Second Doctor Dalek serials in whole if at all exist today, would be nice to see it at last!
Green Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote