View Single Post
Old June 14 2013, 11:15 PM   #79
R. Star
Rear Admiral

Re: The abundance of ideas for a new trek show.

Belz... wrote: View Post
R. Star wrote: View Post
I'd hope instead of doing a reboot of TNG or a reboot of TOS's reboot, they'd just come up with something original set in the Trek universe. Give us something we haven't seen before instead of just a facelift on something we have.
Unfortunately there has to be a connection with the audience, and I don't think most casual audience members would care about stuff elsewhere in the Trek universe.

Think of it this way: do you think a movie about another double-0 agent in the Bond universe could be viable in the same way as the 007 movies are, and do you think MGM wuold take that chance ?
Yeah that sounds almost as radical as making a series set a 100 years later than the original series with a french captain with a british accent. Good thing they never tried that, no one would realize it's not Captain Kirk and it certainly wouldn't have gotten the highest ratings of the franchise.

And yes, for the record I loved the brief mentions of other 00 agents that we too rarely got in the Bond franchise. I loved the concept of Alec Trevelyan the first time I watched Goldeneye's teaser. Thinking outside the box is a good thing. I'd love a movie about a snide, sarcastic agent who thinks 007 is a boorish oaf who gives them a bad name.