View Single Post
Old June 14 2013, 08:21 PM   #2137
DaveyNY
Commodore

Send a message via AIM to DaveyNY Send a message via Yahoo to DaveyNY
Re: STID "tracking" for $85-90 million opening [U.S. box office]

Phily B wrote: View Post
I really thought MoS was poor, Superman Returns was superior as a film. I do like Kevin Smith's "Superman arthouse" description of it

Interestingly, while it is going to open at around 85m-90m, they have these mammoth corporate deals and sold 12m worth of tickets to Walmart so it'll open larger on the face of it.
One of the things that disturbed me the most about MoS was the ending of the final battle...

Without giving anything away, I felt that the impetus of Superman's feelings, wasn't at all obvious to me, until that final moment when it was all of a sudden, just there.

It felt very..., jarring and like it came out of left field somewhere.

I'm sure I probably just missed something in the dialogue during the movie, but I'm not even interested in going back to find it.

This may be the first summer block-buster I probably WON'T Buy, when it hits Blu-ray.

I guess, when it comes down to it...,
I enjoyed STID just a little bit more.

And that's kinda sad for both movies.
I must go out in2 space again for the call of adventure cries. With a steady hand & robust crew I'll take her forth with pride. I must go out in2 space again to a vagabond Captains life. Where comets play & galaxies sway like whirlwinds in the night.

Last edited by DaveyNY; June 15 2013 at 06:16 AM.
DaveyNY is offline   Reply With Quote