View Single Post
Old June 14 2013, 07:44 PM   #2133
DaveyNY
Commodore

Send a message via AIM to DaveyNY Send a message via Yahoo to DaveyNY
Re: STID "tracking" for $85-90 million opening [U.S. box office]

Franklin wrote: View Post
It's said Warner is expecting a $90 million weekend for "Man of Steel", which is probably a lowball estimate. The Box Office Mojo estimate is about $140 million.

Right now, MOS is at 58% on Rotten Tomatoes. That's not good. It probably won't affect the opening weekend, but will it affect word of mouth and the "walk up" crowd? I'd think it would. So many of the reviews (even a few of the good reviews) say basically the same thing: the movie is just too somber and joyless, without the wit or charm you'd expect from a Superman movie. No fun. Batman is supposed to brood and be dark, not Superman.
Just saw Man of Steel...

The best I can say is it's very..., REAL...

I guess I'm too old, I like the more "Comic Book" versions better.
(and I was very disappointed that they don't show the Daily Planet Icon on top of the building at any point in the movie)

The previous Superman was much more entertaining, despite what ever flaws folks found in it.

STID was a bit too dark for my tastes also, I guess.
I must go out in2 space again for the call of adventure cries. With a steady hand & robust crew I'll take her forth with pride. I must go out in2 space again to a vagabond Captains life. Where comets play & galaxies sway like whirlwinds in the night.
DaveyNY is offline   Reply With Quote