View Single Post
Old June 14 2013, 07:08 PM   #36
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

Re: Is TAS worth watching in my complete Star Trek marathon?

Austin 3:16 wrote: View Post
I have finished watching all of TNG, DS9, and Voy, and I'm almost done with season one in TOS. After TOS, should I include The Animated Series, in your opinion? I've never actually seen any episodes of TAS before, but I've seen all the episodes of all of the other series. Am I really missing anything if I skip TAS?
Yes, you would be missing something essential.

The series took itself seriously (more often than not), and as noted by others, was the post-TOS production to use the most talents from TOS. Even the movie period cannot boast that. It is the natrual progression of where ST would have gone if it lasted two additional seasons, as the famiiar concepts and character exchange are as authentic to TOS as one could hope for.

TAS feels like real ST--not a slapped-together spin-off designed to cash in on a property. It is no surprise adults watched the series, along with children, since they did not diseegard it as a mistake, or somehow being anything other than genuine Star Trek.