View Single Post
Old June 14 2013, 05:22 PM   #4225
Opus
Commodore

Re: STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS - Grading & Discussion [SPOILERS]

Well, a personal thumbs-up for STiD, my wife loved it.

My wife is not a sci-fi fan. She loved TNG and DS9, but really only watched it because I was a fan. She never liked any of the Trek movies - thought they were cheesy. She barely liked ST09.

I finally got her to go last night - it might be the last day to see it in the first-run theatres around here. Talk about last minute.

In her words - "Wow!"

She loved the characters, the story arc, the action, the pace of the movie, the mystery, the FX. She thought Cumberbatch made a wonderfully menacing bad guy. In her words, "It's a movie I'd go see again, in the theatre."

Non-Fans see a great movie here.

::Happy Dance::

ETA:

Shazam! wrote: View Post
Fine, so you have to have them actually crash into Earth, because the script calls for it. My point is, show them streaking into the atmosphere at an angle, not falling directly down on the Earth. It is a small thing, but to anyone who knows science, it is glaring, and just shows that most people who worked on this movie know very little about physics and didn’t talk to anyone who did.
You mean the Star Trek with the Warp Drive, Matter/Energy Transporters, Galactic Energy Barriers, Slingshot-Around-the-Sun Time Travel, etc., etc. etc... ?

50 years of implausible science, The Enterprise falls to earth, and THAT'S where you're drawing your 'Physics Line in the Sand'?
Now that I've seen it, and have also had time to mellow, to really think about it, I now find it absolutely, unbearably repulsive in every way except for some of the acting. - about The Wrath of Khan. Interstat, Issue 62: 1982
Opus is offline   Reply With Quote