View Single Post
Old June 14 2013, 03:28 PM   #292
Shamrock Bones
Agent Richard07

Re: Movies Seen In 2013

101. Bride of Frankenstein (✩✩✩) - Live TV
102. Creature from the Black Lagoon (✩✩✩½) - Live TV

Reviews and a discussion for both movies can be found here.

103. Predators (✩✩✩✩) - Blu-ray - I never heard of this when it came out. Weird. Anyway, I loved it. It was a worthy Predator movie and felt like a better sequel to the original than the Danny Glover movie. Adrian Brody was fun to watch as a badass and Lawrence Fishburn gave a standout performance as well. And a kendo fight with a predator… Awesome.

104. Starter for 10 (✩✩✩) - DVD - Professor X, Carol Marcus and John Harrison working together to win a university trivia contest. 'Nuff said.

Finding out that Cumberbatch and Eve worked together before was the only reason I decided to check this one out. Rebecca Hall is also in it.

105. This Is the End (✩✩✩✩) - Theatre - The big stars of comedy (Seth Rogen, Jay Baruchel, James Franco, Craig Robinson, Danny McBride and Jonah Hill) play themselves trapped in James Franco's house during the end times. Hilarity ensues and it's pretty funny, raunchy and oddball in that "Dude, Where's My Car?" sort of way. I loved it and was impressed with the large cast of popular actors playing themselves in bit parts. Didn't know this was directed by Seth Rogen until I got home. I'm also wondering how well this will age. A lot of it depends on the viewer's appreciation of current pop culture celebs.

106. Super (✩✩✩✩) - Download - Basically the independent film version of Kick Ass. Stars Rainn Wilson, Ellen Page, Nathan Fillion, Liv Tyler and Kevin Bacon as the villain. It's a comedic yet realistic take on what would happen if someone decided to dress up in costume and fight crime. Do check it out.

107. Superman: Unbound (✩✩✩½) - Download - Not bad. Had an interesting take on Brainiac, I liked the relationship stuff with Lois and Clark, and Supergirl has a pretty substantial role to the point were it could have been her movie. Also, I don't think I've ever seen an instance where Superman and Supergirl used different shades of blue in their costumes. Superman's was pretty much teal here.

108. Man of Steel (✩✩✩✩✩) - Theatre - This is the second movie this year to get a full 5 stars from me. Click here to find out why.

Theatre: 16
Blu-ray: 7
DVD: 19
Live TV: 16
Download: 47
YouTube: 3
Shamrock Bones is offline   Reply With Quote