View Single Post
Old June 14 2013, 05:14 AM   #282
Shane Houston
Commander

View Shane Houston's Twitter Profile
Re: Destiny: Mere Mortals by David Mack Review Thread (Spoilers!)

David Mack wrote: View Post
Well, the reaction of the Tholians makes a lot more sense when viewed in the context of the events that occur in the Star Trek Vanguard saga.

Glad you enjoyed the second book, and Captain Hernandez's tale in particular; that was my favorite part of the book to write — perhaps my favorite part of the entire trilogy.
Your love of Captain Hernandez's tale shows. In my opinion it's what makes the Destiny trilogy the best Trek story I've ever read. While reading it I often asked myself what I would have done if I were in the situations she and her crew had been placed in all parts of the trilogy.

The Destiny series did so well, not because it was a great Star Trek story, or even a great science fiction story. But a great story. Period. It's the only three Trek books I've convinced non Trek fans to read and enjoy.

I'm glad it set the tone for the Trek stories to come.
"I excel at following the important ones." Admiral Kathryn Janeway answering Counselor Cambridge's questioning her whether she excels at following orders. Star Trek Voyager: Protectors by New York Times Bestselling authorKirsten "Mother F**ng" Beyer
Shane Houston is offline   Reply With Quote