Shaka Zulu wrote:
For those not familiar with this test developed by cartoonist Allison Bechdel
, here's an explanation:
Star Trek Into Darkness
1. It has to have at least two [named] women in it
2. Who talk to each other
3. About something besides a man
only passed 1 of the 3 tests, and was panned by many of the ladies who use the site that the test is featured at.
Interesting as that is, the tallies it DOES have are
- A man and a woman talking about another man (2x)
- Two men talking about a woman (3x)
- A man and a woman talking about another woman (1x)
- Women who talks about alot of things other than men (multiple)
- A woman talking to an vicious homicidal alien about a man (1x)
I'm not sure how the Bechdel test even becomes relevant under such circumstances, especially considering the first movie featured a scene in which two women in their underwear discuss something other than a man just before one of them discovers a half-naked man hiding under the bed.
Of course, I'm not the first person to point that technically "Two Girls One Cup" would pass that test if you took it at face value.