View Single Post
Old June 13 2013, 09:57 PM   #105
trevanian
Rear Admiral

Re: concept art and set photos!

Crazy Eddie wrote: View Post
trevanian wrote: View Post
Crazy Eddie wrote: View Post
And you, with your illustrious and respected career directing major motion pictures, would be the one to know, right?
I have a pair of eyes, an appreciation of what has gone before, knowledge on the subject, and have been hands-on with equipment -- and might possibly even possess a modicum of taste.
Same for me -- in all respects -- and I disagree.

Now what?
Nothing, we're talking at cross purposes (big surprise there) and neither is going to convince the other.

But note that I am not using the wholly indefensible 'you with your...' line of irrelevancy that is trotted out so regularly across this BBS as if it is the last trump to end discussion or discredit dissenting views.

To the best of my knowledge, there has not been a single director of major motion pictures to participate in argument threads on trekbbs in its history, so anybody invoking that is essentially trolling (or is it spamming this week? never really understand that stuff here), because they are asking a question that everybody already knows the answer to and isn't contributing any new info or opinion, making the post valueless.
trevanian is offline   Reply With Quote