View Single Post
Old June 13 2013, 04:40 PM   #2
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to Emh Send a message via AIM to Emh Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emh Send a message via Yahoo to Emh
Rumors of a Special Surprise for the Anniversary

Bleeding Cool reports that there have been rumors going around about a very special surprise for the anniversary: An announcement that a number of previously lost Doctor Who episodes have been recovered, including fan favorite Evil of the Daleks.

And the rumour is that we may be getting a whole host of Doctor Who episodes.

Not new ones, but episodes not seen anywhere since they were first broadcast.

And there are lots. Lots and lots. Completed serials that we’ve only had incomplete before, full series that nothing existed of. Not everything. But heaps and heaps. Possibly even The Full Hartnell.

There’s even the rumour that the much touted DVD set Regenerations out this month, with its previewed animation clip of the regeneration between the first and second Doctors is a bluff, and they now have the full The Tenth Planet in which the Doctor regenerated for the first time which will be released in this set. But that strikes me as wish-fulfillment too far. Would be very clever though.

UPDATE: Shortly after posting, I received further confirmation of the details listed above from another, better connected source. I don’t think I need to cross my fingers quite so hard any more.
While this is all rumors and such, I certainly hope it's true. This isn't first time I've heard something along these lines, especially in regards to Evil of the Daleks, so hopefully there's some truth to it.

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
Emh is offline   Reply With Quote