View Single Post
Old June 13 2013, 04:15 PM   #81
Kevman7987
Captain

View Kevman7987's Twitter Profile
Re: Star Trek: Starships Model/Magazine Subscription

137th Gebirg wrote: View Post
Now this is interesting. I sent an email to the earlier-mentioned address asking for confirmation of my pre-order, and this was their response:
Your details would have gone on to the US subscribers database and at the moment we have no access to it. We will be in touch nearer the launch date to confirm everything with you or email back in about 6 weeks and we should have more information for you
Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience
I'm now curious if those who actually received confirmation of their pre-order was a part of their UK database. I'm surprised to see that they have two separate databases, and even more surprised that they won't be able to give me a solid answer for another 6 weeks. Methinks they were unprepared for the influx of orders they are receiving. This is a good thing, I guess, as it may be enough to justify a longer run. In the meantime, however, they appear to be playing catch-up with their rapidly growing customer base. They must have seriously underestimated the potential popularity of this offering.
It's reasons like this that I haven't pre-ordered yet. It'd be just my luck that they somehow lose my name off of the database when they get access to it again but then start charging me anyway. I will pre-order at some point closer to launch though.
Kevman7987 is offline   Reply With Quote