View Single Post
Old June 13 2013, 01:57 AM   #8
The Wormhole
Admiral

Re: Stargate Universe Rewatch: Now with teacake

teacake wrote: View Post
Air, extended version: This is the first time I've seen the extended rather than broadcast version. There was exactly one scene I thought was new, where James has a big whine at Young about "why don't you ask me how I am, wah wah" which really is an awful scene. James was underused through the show but this scene only makes her look bad. Someone correct me quick if this was in the broadcast version and I just blanked it out.
You're right, that scene was left out of the broadcast version and inserted in the extended version. Other new scenes are Rush explaining the Lucian Alliance to Eli, which includes Rush speculating that someone among Icarus personnel was spying for the Alliance and another scene actually showing Rush's conversation with O'Neill when he used the stones to make contact after arrival on Destiny. The broadcast version just shows Rush swapping into Dr Lee's body.