View Single Post
Old June 12 2013, 06:24 PM   #88
EliyahuQeoni
Commodore

Location: Redmond, Oregon, United States of America, North America, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way, Universe
View EliyahuQeoni's Twitter Profile
Re: Was the reveal of the Enterprise-A a big surprise?

Belz... wrote: View Post
Flux Capacitor wrote: View Post
I've never understood why folks think the Enterprise was decommissioned at the end of TUC. The crew was, yes. But the ship? Kirk's final Captain's Log at the end confirms that the ship will go on.
And yet, in Generations, the 1701-B is commissioned. Same year as VI I think.
Exactly. My impression at the end of TUC was that the crew was standing down (Being decommissioned is an odd way of saying this) and that a new crew would be taking over the Enterprise, which would have a good 10+ years of service left. I was a little miffed to find in GEN that the 1701-B was launched within a year of TUC (if you do the math), making that assumption impossible. In-Universe it would appear that Kirk thought the ship would remain in service, but was wrong.
"Canon is only important to certain people because they have to cling to their knowledge of the minutiae. Open your mind! Be a Star Trek fan and open your mind and say, 'Where does Star Trek want to take me now'." - Leonard Nimoy
EliyahuQeoni is offline   Reply With Quote