View Single Post
Old June 12 2013, 07:38 AM   #3058
Kestra
Vice Admiral

Re: PICTURE POST II!

doubleohfive wrote: View Post
Aww, that's really nice of you guys. And the party looks like it was amazing! Did she (your mom) enjoy herself? Was she surprised? (My mom always manages to ferret out the truth before a surprise party - we have yet to surprise her after all these years!)
She was so surprised! Our birthdays are really close together (hers is the 12th and mine is the 16th) and this year I'm turning 30 and she's turning 60. We didn't advertise her age! But she thought my sister, brother-in-law, and I were coming home to celebrate my 30th in Chicago with friends (which we did), and then getting together at my aunt and uncle's house the next day to celebrate my birthday with family.

Everything came together so well. We had even snuck out several of her nicer Indian outfits and some jewelry so she had a choice of what to change into at the party. I think she was so focused on celebrating my birthday that she never thought we'd do something like this for her.

It's great to do something for your mom, because moms are usually behind the scenes doing things for everyone else.
Kestra is offline   Reply With Quote