View Single Post
Old June 12 2013, 03:10 AM   #39
Rear Admiral
Re: Which species from Trek do you most identify with?

Sran wrote: View Post

Maybe not. I still don't see what that has to do with my admiration for certain aspects of their culture. No one has provided an answer to that question.

Your admiration is for their devotion to duty and country, but what I'm trying to point out is that to have that devotion they have to turn a blind eye to their harsh intolerance of dissent. There's devotion and there's blind devotion. Garak understood the difference, but we've only seen a handful of Romulans who did.

And there are plenty of times the Romulans have tried to acquire territory. They spent season three trying to provoke war with the Federation in a manner that the Federation could appear the aggressors, they tried to invade Vulcan incompetently, and I share Sisko's doubts that they left Benzite after the Dominion War was over. They've also got a fairly large Empire that they couldn't have built up without conquering a ton of planets inside their borders. They were clever conquerers, but they were clearly conquerers. Make no mistake that there are probably dozens of Bajors inside their borders.
JirinPanthosa is offline   Reply With Quote