Old June 12 2013, 01:31 AM   #1451
Ancient Mariner
Rear Admiral

View Ancient Mariner's Twitter Profile
Re: THE HOBBIT (2012/2013): News, Rumors, Pics Till Release

Sindatur wrote: View Post
Set Harth wrote: View Post
Sindatur wrote: View Post
Heh, yea, in the first Hobbit Movie, when he first came on the scene, I remember thinking "Why is Legolas' hair dark"?
He's not in the first movie, though.
Oh ...There was someone in the first movie with dark hair I thought was Bloom for a half a second, I thought? Unless it was a previous teaser or something? OK, obviously I need to watch the first one a second time
There was at least one production still of Bard that came out close to the release of AUJ - maybe they got blended into the film as well?

kirk55555 wrote: View Post
The trailer didn't really excite me. I like the first Hobbit, but its more annoying parts were a lot of the obvious additions (the albino orc being especially annoying). This looks like it gets more crazy with the additions, and even screws up scenes. The barrel scene in the book did not need to be another action scene, but the trailer is making it look like they're fighting in the barrels as they're going down the river (which is both stupid and probably physically impossible) and there looks to be atleast one uneeded, new action scene with Legolas and the stupid brand new elf. this is what happens when you stretch a book over three movies when it doesn't have nearly enough material. The people making these movies are good, but they are not Tolkien when it comes to this series. They are definately not improving the story by only losely adapting the book (and at this point it is just a loose adaptation). Almost every addition annoyed me in the first one, and not because I'm obsessed with a movie not making any changes from the book. They were just mostly bad (or pointless) changes. I'm not saying Hobbit 2 will be bad, I'll probably like it about as much as I did the first Hobbit, but all of these changes are just dragging the original story down.
The Barrels out of Bond scene (I won't use the acronym for that one), was always intended to be an extended action sequence, even when The Hobbit was meant to be two films. I doubt that it's been significantly padded since the announcement for three films. Adding Legolas, particularly his line about killing a dwarf, strikes me as a stroke of genius. Now, when watching all six films together, his eventual bond with Gimli (son of Glóin) is all the more special and important. However, as much as I enjoy her presence in the trailer, I'll reserve judgment on Tauriel until I see the full film. I think her character is going to be awesome - especially based on her lines in the trailer - but there's not yet enough info to say for certain.