View Single Post
Old June 11 2013, 11:46 PM   #125
hbquikcomjamesl
Commander

Re: Into Darkness and the novelverse [SPOILERS]

King Daniel Into Darkness wrote: View Post
^To that I reply, "what happened to Nibiru in the Prime universe?" - it goes two ways.
Well, presumably given a highly experienced Kirk-Prime (as opposed to the greenhorn Abramsverse-Kirk), and an Enterprise that was much smaller, yet not designed to survive planetfall, it seems likely that the problem would be solved in a way that saved the species without contaminating them. In fact, given that this might very well have happened on Pike's watch in the Prime Universe, well, he and his unnamed exec would bring even more experience to the table. Submerging a nearly-galaxy-class-sized ship on a populated planet is, after all, kind of a greenhorn approach.

And as to Deneva and the blastoneuron plague, I just read the synopsis of the comic on Memory Beta. Fascinating: Abramsverse-Kirk must have arrived a day or two earlier than Kirk-Prime did, if his brother was still alive and uninfected. Although all these comic book Abramsverse-rehashes are starting to remind me of all those amusing little hoaxes about there being Star Trek dime novels and Star Trek movie serials before Roddenberry penned The Cage. (At least they're not reminding me of a certain profoundly unamusing hoax called "Requiem for a Martian.")

Last edited by hbquikcomjamesl; June 12 2013 at 12:18 AM.
hbquikcomjamesl is offline   Reply With Quote