View Single Post
Old June 11 2013, 09:00 PM   #4165
M'Sharak
Definitely Herbert. Maybe.

Re: STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS - Grading & Discussion [SPOILERS]

CorporalCaptain wrote: View Post
Belz... wrote: View Post
throwback wrote: View Post
If starship registries are roughly chronological, and that is a big if, then it is possible that there could be 200 hundred year old ships in operation. I am thinking of the Heart of Gold, which had a registry of NCC-42. I think a ship that old would have gone through so many refits that it might not even be the same ship in the 2160s.
Heart of Gold ? Which episode ?
http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/USS_Heart_of_Gold

It's from Conspiracy, and it's another one of the in-jokes seen only on LCARS (in this case to The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy).
Registration chronology hypothesizing notwithstanding, there doesn't seem to be any way the Heart of Gold could possibly have had another registry number than forty-two, and the side-effects of the Infinite Improbability drive would very likely have rendered the need for refits pretty much irrelevant.
"Recently my 8 year-old cousin asked me, with a wicked twinkle in his eye, if I'd ever microwaved a banana. I'm terrified to try, but I'm sure whatever happens—splattering, abrupt, radioactive—sounds exactly like an Annie Clark guitar solo."
M'Sharak is offline   Reply With Quote