View Single Post
Old June 11 2013, 06:00 PM   #104
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile
Re: "Pilgrim Of Eternity" - is it good enough?

Warped9 wrote: View Post

I've had it with this. Just fuck it. You want to answer "no" than just say it and explain your reasons. Instead you like to be pissy about it.

To hell with it. I'm fed up with being scolded like a bad child just because I don't suck up everything cranked out with a brand on it. If I think something is shit then that's my business and I have nothing to apologize for.

Fuck it.

I did answer it earlier in the thread. But you deep-sixed your own poll because of your dislike of certain material. You'd have gotten a better sampling if you'd simply put it up for a 'yes' or 'no' vote.

BillJ wrote:
I think efforts like these, while neat, only magnify the fact that Roddenberry and Company caught some very special lightning in the bottle nearly fifty years ago.

Pilgrims of Eternity was entertaining but suffers from many of the same flaws other TOS fan films: they use sixties sets and sixties uniforms but the stories just don't match the setting.

Some thoughts:

What exactly was the point of the Counselor? Beautiful actress though. Gene would've approved.

Why didn't the crispy-fried redshirt point his phaser away from the hull?

The roles the women played here made the Abrams films look downright progressive.

So, does a plague wipe out Apollo's little world at some point and then he holds Kirk responsible for not checking up on them? The Wrath of Apollo anyone?

Spock reminds me of Sheldon from The Big Bang Theory. That's not a good thing.

The actor playing Kirk needs to remember he's playing Kirk not William Shatner.