View Single Post
Old June 11 2013, 05:31 PM   #263
FPAlpha
Vice Admiral

Re: Offiical XBox (3) Launch Thread

MS most likely didn't anticipate the sheer level of fan and customer reaction.. they surely counted on some negativity but so far most of the internet is foaming at the mouth.

Sony wisely held back as long as they could and i bet they were watching very closely how things with MS developed and i am pretty sure they had 2 plans in the drawer depending on the general atmosphere.. do exactly as MS did if the outcry was on acceptable and expected level or position yourself as the anti-MS company who cares more about its customers/gamers than some faceless companies/developers (and milk the heck out of it).

They wisely chose the latter and are now already hailed as the winner of the next gen console race. While MS almost lost me as a potential customer i'd rather not predict an outcome.

From experience i can honestly say that fanboys may be loud but when the time comes to put their money where their mouth is most of them quietly buy the console they've been fuming over for months and when called on it invent all kinds of reasons.

So MS will most likely be successful, Sony will be for sure and everybody should choose their system (and some will buy both) according to preferences and tastes.
FPAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote