View Single Post
Old June 11 2013, 04:56 PM   #117
hbquikcomjamesl
Commander

Re: Into Darkness and the novelverse [SPOILERS]

Christopher wrote: View Post
According to the Countdown to Darkness comic,
That assumes that comics are canon. Which would give them canonical seniority over novels. I can stomach such a notion in, say, Superman, or Batman, or Spider-Man, but not in Star Trek.

Doesn't work that way. If the alternate reality had replaced the original one, then there'd be justification for using time travel to restore it. But instead it coexists alongside the Prime timeline.
That assumes that the Abramsverse does coexist alongside Prime. Of course, now that I think about it, the existence of Spock Prime in the Abramsverse does support that assertion, but then again, arguably, the universe in which Edith Keeler unwittingly allowed the Nazis to win the war, and the universe in which Spock died in a secretly self-initiated "practice Kahs-Wan," and Thelin was Kirk's science officer, both coexist alongside the Prime universe. And who said anything about another red-matter-induced time incursion (assuming the red matter had anything to do with the time incursion)? If the red-matter device aboard the Jellyfish had been deployed in time to save Romulus, then the time incursion creating the Abramsverse never would have happened.

Oh, and I almost forgot: Daniels would be involved because my scenario assumes that the "Hobus Event" was not naturally occurring, and that both it and the Vulcans' inexplicable and illogical delays in making the red-matter available to remedy it, were in fact a new front heating up in the Temporal Cold War.
hbquikcomjamesl is offline   Reply With Quote