View Single Post
Old June 11 2013, 11:13 AM   #37
throwback
Captain

Re: Did the Klingons destroy Romulus in Abrams Star Trek?

Well, there have been maps of the galaxy seen in the episodes. However, a number of these maps contradict real world knowledge and fictional world knowledge.

I know from DS9 that the Romulan space is surrounded by the Cardassians, the Klingons, and the Federation.

"I'd pick the side most likely to leave us in peace when the dust settles. Maybe you're right. Maybe the Dominion will win in the end. Then the Founders will control what we now call Cardassia, the Klingon Empire and the Federation. So, instead of facing three separate opponents with three separate agendas, you'll find yourselves facing the same opponent on every side. There's a word for that. Surrounded".
This dialogue is from the episode "In the Pale Moonlight".

I know, based on inference, that the Klingons are either above or below the Romulans. How do I know this? There is this map from "The Defector". I know from Star Trek II that the Gamma Hydra Sector, named after the Gamma Hydra system, included a portion of the Federation-Klingon border. This map shows the outposts 3 to 6, which appeared in a map from "The Balance of Terror".

throwback is offline   Reply With Quote