View Single Post
Old June 11 2013, 06:17 AM   #1051
SJSharksfan39
Admiral

View SJSharksfan39's Twitter Profile
Re: Season THREE OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

I guess being 10 at the time gives me a different perspective. I was excited about DS9 and Voyager, and while I remember not keeping up with DS9, Voyager was really the first series I watched as an "adult". The 90s really developed my Trek fandom and for that I'm grateful.

Watched Offspring and Sins of the Father tonight. Offspring is still great, even though I was really not understand Picard's original criticisms. Everything he said went against what he said in Measure of a Man. Since when was it bad to create new life, in an Android perspective. The other races do it all the time.

It's been a while since I've seen Sins of the Father and this might be the best "Klingon" episode in the franchse, yes beating all the DS9 good episodes (And I don't really consider Tacking into the Wind a Klingon episode). This episode started TNG's first arc, but just everything taking place on the planet was awesome. Also, the Remastering was really nice especially the city shots of the Klingon Homeworld. I'm really looking forward to Redemption to see more of it, especially with it on fire.