View Single Post
Old June 10 2013, 08:20 PM   #1628
DalekJim
Fleet Captain

Re: A Song of Ice and Fire/Game of Thrones Spoiler-Filled Discussion

I can't believe how much filler we've had this season at the expense of crucial character beats like Jaime's dream. So many pointless scenes going over the same stuff. Joffrey is getting married? Yeah, I fucking get it. Now can the plot move forward? Where the fuck even is Mace Tyrell? Well why introduce him when we can have pointless Theon torture sequences. Every week! Ones that aren't even half as interesting as the actual Reek plot in A Clash of Kings we should have had last season.

The characters themselves are bafflingly adapted. Arya kills her first man a year too late, Stannis is COMPLETELY out of character to the point that I have no idea why Davos likes him, Mance Rayder is some bland growly cunt with none of the eccentricities of his book counterpart, and don't even get me fucking STARTED on the Tyrion and Sansa marriage.

But the dumbass casual audience will still whoop and declare every episode as "Epic win!" if tits are shown.

Season 1 was such an excellent adaptation. What happened? Still, I hope they at least get the Fake Arya/Jeyne Poole plot right as it's one of my favourite things in the series. Wait, they didn't include Jeyne in Season 1!? Fuuuuuuuck.

I both love and hate this show. A damn shame it's now part of macho alpha-male culture.
DalekJim is offline   Reply With Quote