For all intents and purposes, E3 kicks off today with the two big press conferences from Microsoft and Sony, as well as press conferences by EA and Ubisoft. Nintendo wont be doing a press conference this year, instead they'll release a special Nintendo Direct video tomorrow. You should be able to watch the conferences live here
, and here's a timetable I found for the major timezones:
Some rumours from an allegedly reliably source on NeoGAF
were posted this morning, many of which don't sound too good on the DRM front. The OP intentionally writes like a crazy idiot so that no gaming sites will quote him, so here's a translated version
1. Confirmed Microsoft is actively attempting to get developers to not mention PS4 versions. If they don't say "OUR GAME IS EXCLUSIVE FOR XBONE" expect a PS4 version. #truthfact
2. More DRM messaging at Gamescom. There is no rental strategy.Try to sweep it under the rug and hope people don't remember.
3. Cloud power was designed as DRM. Period. DRM was Microsoft's idea. EA and Ubisoft are supporters, Activision slightly less so.
4. DRM plans are actually worse than what they've stated.
5. Mirror's Edge 2 at MS conference.
6. Prince of Persia (reboot?) at MS conference.
7. Secret Phil Spencer game = World of Tanks
8. Live paywall still there.
9. Dead Rising 3, and exclusive DLC for another Capcom game at MS conference.
10. No online paywall for PS4. Unconfirmed.
11. No DRM info for PS4.