View Single Post
Old June 10 2013, 12:32 AM   #31
Sran
Fleet Captain

Re: How about a captain Pike(bruce Greenwood) series?

C.E. Evans wrote: View Post
Because not everyone likes the same thing--that's Trekdom 101.

There are people who like [INSERT SERIES OR MOVIE HERE], but don't like [INSERT SERIES OR MOVIE HERE]. It's been that way since TMP (if not TAS), and it's not going to stop with the Abrams movies, nor with whatever comes after Abrams.
I agree. And as I said in my earlier post, nuTrek has been given its chance with two movies (with a third film to follow). Why does it also need a television series in addition to the movies that have already been produced, particularly after the controversy that's arisen because of misgivings about the new films? A television series based in the new universe will be just as polarizing as the films have been. That's not conducive to having a TV series that's successful, in any universe.

JarodRussell wrote: View Post
Are you aware that this is quite contradictory?

If "they" don't allow a show with anyone but Kirk as Captain of the Enterprise, then they certainly won't allow a show with any ship but the Enterprise. And a Robau/Kelvin show would also be a prequel to the prequel.
I'm not opposed to a series featuring a vessel other than Enterprise. I would even welcome a series showcasing a non-Federation ship, but I suspect that I would be in the minority. In any event, I would hope for a television series that featured new characters as opposed to characters fans are already familiar with. There's nothing wrong with original ideas.

--Sran