View Single Post
Old June 9 2013, 11:20 PM   #23
Sran
Fleet Captain

Re: How about a captain Pike(bruce Greenwood) series?

Jayson wrote: View Post
1 His adventures as the captain of the Enterprise. Maybe you could even get Quinto as Spock but even if you can't do that you don't have to worry since your talking about a new universe and thus it won't be a canon violation if you don't have Spock there.
Pike was captain of the Enterprise for only a short time in the nuTrek universe. Having him star as the lead character in a series that showcases Enterprise missions doesn't make sense. Pike serving as the commander of another vessel is possible, but why devote an entire series to yet another prequel?

Jayson wrote:
2 See what he did after stepping down as Captain. Perhaps he doesn't end up in a wheel chair in this timeline. Might be fun to see him in charge of Starfleet Academy or you could have him retire from Starfleet and do a Firefly type of show or maybe have him part of a Starfleet Inteligence type of show.
What timeline are you referring to? Is this hypothetical series to take place in a third reality, or is it a reboot of the primary universe Roddenberry created? I don't understand your point.

Jayson wrote:
3 Have him explore Talos with the girl he meets in "The Cage". Perhaps there are other humans and aliens on this planet as well. It would be sort of a "Lost" type of show with a Trek twist. This wierd alien planet filled with exotic aliens and sophisitcated technolgy not to mention the ability to create illusions.
Based on the scenes showcased in "The Cage," there doesn't appear to be much of Talos IV to explore, as the surface of the planet was devastated by war. Are you suggesting that Pike explore the other planets within the Talos system?

Don't misunderstand me. I don't mean to be critical of your idea, as it is somewhat intriguing, but I don't know that there's much a series featuring Christopher Pike has to offer to TV viewers.

--Sran